Friday, February 11, 2011

Subic International Marathon


Distance: 10K
Time: 1 hour 1 minute
Date: January 9, 2011
Pace: 6:10 minutes / kilometers

Hello 2011!!!  Hello first international marathon!!! Hello first out of town run!!!

My first run for 2011 was spent in Subic. A better scenery, a fresher air and running alongside well trained policemen was a great motivation so this had me running at a faster and more consistent pace.  A run around the bay was really refreshing.  I reached 5K mark sub30.  My first sub30!!!  I just continued running a good pace and at the end of the run, I was just a minute above my sub6o goal and a new PR.  I can smell sub60 just around the corner.  I was running with Plantar Fasciitis injury but screw the injury once it heats up it's all systems go.  Pre-race preps was ok as we had a nice carbo-loading dinner in front of Subic Bay and had a good sleep before the run and post-run treat of ribs at Texas Joe was excellent.

Seeing that sub60 was so near had me thinking how much I had improved from the first time I joined a run. The training was a success and having great friends to run with always helps.  I know sub60 will come soon and I'll definitely train hard for shaving that minute away.

No comments:

Post a Comment