Friday, February 11, 2011

Run for Change


Distance: 10K
Time: 1 hour 6 minutes
Date: December 19, 2010
Pace: 6:36 minutes / kilometers

This was my first run at McKinley and it was another uphill run. I was sleep-deprived for this run having less than 3 hours sleep but the adrenalin rush should keep me awake for this race.  It was a challenging run as you had to start the climb as early as the 200 meter mark so no time to warm up but you'll have to deal with what the race gives you and so I did.  I ran full speed ahead despite the uphill terrain. The good part with uphill runs is what goes up, must go down so you can coast during downhill parts of the runs. With a slightly later gun start, the sun was up early so heat was another factor but at the end of it all, a new PR, 1 minute off my previous time and considering this was an uphill terrain, It felt great.

I took this race since I wanted to have a last run before the Christmas and I took this more of a training run than a real run but I think when your running with thousands of runners, it gets you pushing a lot harder than you used to and gives you a much better results.

No comments:

Post a Comment