Friday, February 11, 2011

Run United 2


Distance: 10K
Time: 1 hour 11 minutes
Date: November 20, 2010
Pace: 7:06 minutes / kilometers

I almost missed running this race as my car's battery got fully drained and this was the first time I was running solo so just took a cab to the Fort.  The first time I had to run on my own and I end up car less but this was still another shot at a better time.  This was one of the most organized runs with race marshals in every corner cheering you.  I just kept pushing myself in this race - limiting my usual walking rests and after all the pushing, I ended up shaving 6 minutes from my 10K time.  This made me believe that a sub60 goal was possible and I do belong running alongside 10K runners.  The race also had the best loot bag giveaways and they even had a post event souvenir mailed to you.

Finally, the first real sign that training was working.  I can't wait for another chance to run for a better personal record.

No comments:

Post a Comment