Friday, February 11, 2011

Adidas King of the Road


Distance: 10K
Time: 1 hours 18 minutes
Date: October 24, 2010
Pace: 7:48 minutes / kilometer

This race was the one wherein I proceed to the next level... A full 10K Run... and this transition was not the easiest I ever had.  I had pain in my calves as early as the second kilometer.  The climb towards the Kalayaan Flyover and back was a real struggle and it was traffic in the flyover being part of the mid-pack.  I had a hydration bottle that fell several times.   I really felt that I'd finish this race at a lousy time of an hour and a half but fortunately was able to get across the finish line at much less time and the real objective of this run was just to finish.  I wasn't really happy with my time but I know there would be a lot of room to improve.

It was my move to 10K on my 10th race on the 10th month of the 10th year.  I may not have transitioned beyond my own expectation but it was nice to do it in this stage with over 12,000 runners and one of the most anticipated running event of the year.  This was a new distance to conquer and this just means I have to work much harder. Back to training for me...

No comments:

Post a Comment