Friday, February 11, 2011

Condura Skyway Marathon


Distance: 10K
Time: 1 hour 4 minutes
Date: February 6, 2011
Pace: 6:24 minutes / kilometer

The race started in Ayala Triangle towards the Skyway and back to Buendia going towards the Fort.   This race required two major uphill climb one at the skyway and the next at Kalayaan Flyover.  I was so excited for this run and as the race started it is on.  Sub30 again for first 5K including the climb at the Skyway and the road back to Buendia.  At the 5K mark, I got tempted by free bananas at the booth and my body reacted differently as an energy boost I expected turned out to give me a heavier tummy resulting to a struggle for the next 3 kilometers.  It was still at a fast pace but the effort put into each step was heavier.  At kilometer 8, I recovered and put in a decent pace before going into a crowded finish line.  I still was able to complete the run at a decent pace. No new PRs but given that this is slightly a longer course per my Garmin, I guess I'll take my time and my lesson to avoid anything that can make a stomach heavy during the run.

When running a race you get to run against thousands of runner but the biggest competition you have within a race is yourself.  Even as I finished as part of the top 10% of the 10K finishers, I still wanted a better time and that would be something I'll have to work for.

No comments:

Post a Comment