Saturday, February 26, 2011

Inquirer 25 for 25 Run


Distance: 10K
Time: 59 minutes 56 Seconds (Sub60)
Date: February 27, 2011
Pace: 5:59 minutes / kilometer

The week that came before this day was real tough.  Stuck in board meeting preparations, recovering from cough and colds and struggling during training with the low energy left after a long day's work but the flat surfaces of the Fort was such a tempting opportunity to hit a new PR or finish Sub60.  Zoomed to a 5 minutes per kilometer pace at gun start which I held for almost 3 kilometers.  Finish the first 5K in less than 30 minutes so just had to endure another 5 kilometers and I have a shot at sub60 so I just kept on pushing myself.  Each time I wanted to rest, I'd slow down and count to 4 and run again.  After all the pushing,  I had an adrenalin rush as I saw that the clock was still within an hour from gun start so dashed as hard as I can towards the finish line and the end result, 59:56.  My very first sub60.

I started training with a goal of finishing a 10K run in an hour and I am so happy that the time has come to achieve such feat after months of training. Now to learn to do this consistently as this is only the beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment