Saturday, April 9, 2011

Nat Geo Earth Day Run


Distance: 10K
Time: 1 Hour 1 Minute
Date: April 10, 2011
Pace: 6:05 minutes per kilometer

I was a last minute entrance as I was hoping against hope to find a way to be able to go home and join the Baguio Run.  I had to come from my cousin's wedding and a day's tour in Subic before race day so I was really not in good shape for this one but a run is a run and anyway, I do have to make my 10k for the day so might as well do it in an actual race.

The venue was the familiar Fort terrain and with over 10,000 participants, it was quite crowded but still tried to put in some effort to be able to find some free area to run.  I was able to do good first few kilometers before I ran out of steam in the middle kilometers but was able to recover towards the finish.  At the end it was still a good time of 1 hour and 1 minute though I think I could have done a lot better if not for the fatigue but I guess, it was my best effort given the energy level that I have.  There was also very few water station in the opening kilometers but it's good I have my trusty water bottle.

It was still a good fun run and I guess it isn't fun if you don't give it your full effort so am happy to add another race in my list and I'm looking forward to PR breaking races and this time, I'll come in at full energy.

No comments:

Post a Comment